Dear website visitor,
We appreciate your visit to our website and your interest in our company, TestingTime AG, Weststrasse 50, 8003 Zurich, Switzerland, (hereinafter “TestingTime“) and its products.
We collect personal data about you in the following instances:
- When you visit our website
- When you register on our website
- When you are shortlisted for a study
Below you will find an overview of the personal data collected in each occasion, the applicable legal bases, and details on the data recipients.
1. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When the website is used purely to obtain information, i.e., if you do not register or submit information to TestingTime in any other way (e.g. via email), the personal data collected by TestingTime is the following, as sent by your browser to the TestingTime server:
- IP address
- date and time of request
- time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- volume of data transmitted in each case
- website the request comes from
- your browser
- your operating system and interface
- language and version of browser software
Legal basis: The legal basis for processing is our legitimate interest to present you with our website and services.
Purpose of processing: This personal data is required for technical reasons in order to display the website and guarantee stability and security.
Storage location: This information is stored in the server’s log files.
2. Collection of personal data when you contact us via email
When you contact TestingTime by email, we collect the following personal data:
- First and last name
The data you provide is stored by TestingTime for the purpose of answering your questions. The personal data collected for the purpose of contacting you includes your contact information, such as your first and last name, post code, phone number and email address. This information is used only for the purpose of contacting you and will not be processed in any other way. TestingTime deletes data obtained in this context once storage is no longer necessary or, if there is a legal obligation to retain it, restricts the processing of it.
Legal basis: The legal basis for processing is our legitimate interest to present you with our website and services.
Purpose of processing: The processing of this personal data is necessary in order for us to contact you.
Storage location: The personal data you submit is collected and stored for internal use by TestingTime and for our own purposes. Please see Section 10 for a list of the storage and processing tools we use.
3. Collection of personal data when you register on our website
You have the possibility of registering on our website by providing the following personal data:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Postal code
- Time zone
- Education level
- Employment status
- Operating system
- Email (requires validation)
- Mobile phone number (requires validation)
In addition to the above, your IP address as well as the date and time of registration are stored to prevent misuse of our services.
Legal basis: The legal basis for processing is your intent to conclude a contract with us.
Purpose of processing: The registration of personal data is necessary in order for us to take specific steps before entering into a contract with you as a test user.
Storage location: The personal data you submit is collected and stored for internal use by TestingTime and for our own purposes.
4. Collection of personal data when you are shortlisted for a study
If a customer company asks for personal data that is not yet saved in the TestingTime database for a specific product study, TestingTime will request the missing information from the test user by means of an email containing a screening link. A response to the screening questions by the test user is voluntary. I
Note that the selection of test users for a study depends on whether the individual test user has provided a response to a particular question. This results in an increase in the likelihood of being selected as a test user for a study.
Legal basis: The legal basis for processing is your intent to conclude a contract.
Purpose of processing: The processing of personal data is necessary in order for us to take specific steps before entering into a contract with you as a test user.
Storage location: TestingTime will forward this personal data to the customer. We rely on the principle of data minimization and only share the data necessary for the performance of the study.
5. Collection of personal data when you are selected to participate in a study
If you are selected to participate in a study, we will send you a short reminder with the details.
The reminder will also prompt you to provide us with your IBAN or PayPal information so we can process your payment.
Legal basis: The legal basis for processing is the performance of a contract.
Purpose of processing: The processing of personal data is necessary in order for us to submit your remuneration for participation in the study.
Storage location: TestingTime will forward this personal data to the customer.
6. Your data protection rights
You have certain rights on the basis of the applicable data protection law. We will respond to your request without undue delay, at the latest within one calendar month after receipt. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
|Right to access||You have a right to request a copy of the Personal Data held by us as a data controller, which we will provide to you in an electronic form.|
|Right to amendment||You have the right to ask us to correct our records if you believe they contain incorrect or incomplete information about you.|
|Right to access||If you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your Personal Data, you have the right to fully or partly withdraw your consent. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there is another Legal Basis for the processing. To stop receiving emails from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email you received from us or contact us.
|Right to erasure||You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data when it is no longer necessary for the Purposes for which it was collected, or when it was unlawfully processed.|
|Right to restriction of processing||You have the right to request the restriction of our processing of your Personal Data where you believe it to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, or where we no longer need to process it for the initial Purpose, but where we are not able to delete it due to a legal obligation or because you do not want us to delete it.|
|Right to portability||You have the right to receive or to request that we transmit your personal data to another data controller in a common format such as Excel, where this is data which you have provided to us and where we are processing it by automated means on the Legal Basis of your consent or in order to perform our contractual obligations (e.g. to provide our Services).|
|Right to object to processing||Where the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate legal basis for the processing which override your interests, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.|
|Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority||You have the right of appeal to a data protection supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates data protection law. In Switzerland, you can contact the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, Feldeggweg 1, CH-3003 Bern|
7. Use of Google Analytics
(2) The IP address transmitted as part of the Google Analytics service is not combined with any other Google data.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by changing your browser settings; however, in this case, you may not be able to use all of the website’s functions to the full extent. You can also prevent the storage of data created by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) and Google’s processing of this data by downloading and installing the plug-in available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension ‘_anonymizeIp()’. This means that further processing of IP addresses takes place in a truncated form, which prevents personal identification. Wherever the data collected from you does identify you personally, it is immediately excluded and the personal data deleted at once.
(5) TestingTime uses Google Analytics in order to be able to analyze usage of the website and make regular improvements. Using the statistics obtained, TestingTime can improve the website and make it more engaging for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
(6) Information on the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Terms of Service: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html,
overview of Data privacy: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html,
8. Use of Google AdWords
(1) TestingTime uses the Google AdWords service in order to draw attention to attractive offers on external websites by means of advertising media (‘Google AdWords’). In connection with this, the success of individual advertising measures can be determined on the basis of the advertising campaign data. TestingTime uses this to track interest, to show you ads that may be of interest to you, to make this website more engaging for you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertising materials are delivered by Google using ad servers. In this context, TestingTime uses ad server cookies, which allow certain performance parameters to be measured, such as ad impressions or the number of clicks by users. If you reach this website by clicking on a Google ad, Google AdWords stores a cookie on your computer. These cookies generally become void after 30 days and are not designed to identify you personally. The analysis data stored in this cookie usually includes the unique cookie ID, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (flagging that the user would not like to be contacted any more).
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of the website of an AdWords customer and the cookie stored on their computer is still valid, Google and the customer can recognise that they clicked on the ad and were redirected to this page. Each AdWords customer is allocated a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked across AdWords customers’ websites. As part of the advertising measures described, TestingTime itself does not collect or process any personal data but, instead, occasionally receives statistical analysis provided by Google. Using this analysis, TestingTime can identify which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. TestingTime does not receive any additional data from the use of advertising materials, and the user cannot be identified on the basis of this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server. TestingTime has no influence on the amount of data that is collected by Google through the use of this tool, nor on how the data will be used, and is therefore unable to provide any information in this regard. Through the integration of AdWords conversion tracking, Google is informed that you have accessed a particular part of our website or clicked on a TestingTime ad. If you are registered with a Google service, Google can connect your visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or are not logged in, there is a possibility that the provider will detect and store your IP address.
(5) You can prevent your participation in this tracking process in various ways: a) by changing the relevant setting in your browser software (specifically, rejecting third-party cookies will result in you not receiving ads from third-party providers); b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking by changing the settings in your browser so that cookies from the domain ‘www.gooogleadservices.com’ are blocked, https://www.google.com/settings/ads (it should be noted that this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies); c) by deactivating interest-based advertising from providers who are signed up to the ‘About Ads’ self-regulation campaign using the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices (it should be noted that this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies); d) by permanent deactivation in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browser using the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. You may consequently not be able to use all functions of this service to the full extent.
9. Use of Facebook
(1) We use Facebook Ads for test user acquisition and we have a link to our Facebook presence integrated on our website.
(2) The operating company of Facebook is Facebook, Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA. If a data subject lives outside the USA or Canada, the controller for the processing of personal data is Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland.
(3) Facebook’s published Data Policy, which can be accessed at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/, provides information about how personal data is collected, processed or used by Facebook.
10. Use of LinkedIn
We use functions of the LinkedIn network. The provider is LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Each time you access one of our pages that contains functions of LinkedIn, a connection to LinkedIn servers is established. LinkedIn is informed that you have visited our web pages with your IP address. If you click the “Recommend Button” of LinkedIn and are logged into your account at LinkedIn, it is possible for LinkedIn to assign your visit to our website to you and your user account. We would like to point out that we, as the provider of the pages, have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its use by LinkedIn.
11. Use of other tools and software
The following table shows which tools are used by TestingTime to operate the website and carry out sales and marketing activities.
417 Associated Road
Brea, CA 92821
|TestingTime’s public WordPress content websites are hosted by DreamHost in the USA.|
The Landmark @ 1 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94105
|The TestingTime server is operated by Heroku. The computer centre is located in Ireland.|
|mongoDB Atlas||MongoDB Inc.
New York, NY 10019
|TestingTime uses mongoDB Atlas. All personal data is stored with mongoDB Atlas. The data center is located in Ireland.|
The One Building, 2nd Floor
1 Grand Canal Street Lower
|TestingTime writes its log files to the servers of Logentries. The log files are automatically deleted after 7 days.|
410 Terry Ave. North
|TestingTime uses AWS to store profile pictures of test users. The computer centre is located in Ireland.|
101 Townsend St,
San Francisco, CA 94107
|TestingTime uses Cloudflare to protect the website from DDoS attacks.|
1801 California Street,
Denver, Colorado 80202
|TestingTime uses SendGrid to send automated and personal emails to test users and customers.|
1058 AE Amsterdam
|TestingTime uses Messagebird to send automated and personal text messages to test users and customers.|
335 S 560 W
Lindon, Utah 84042
|TestingTime uses BambooHR for all internal and external HR activities.|
1019 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94103
|TestingTime uses Zendesk to answer support requests. Requests sent to firstname.lastname@example.org are automatically forwarded to Zendesk.|
|Mailchimp||The Rocket Science Group, LLC
675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
|TestingTime uses Mailchimp to carry out test user recommendation campaigns.|
Alte Jonastrasse 24
|TestingTime uses Bexio for bookkeeping and accounting.|
(Gmail, Calendar, Documents, Drive)
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043
|TestingTime uses the Google Suite as an internal office solution for email, calendar, documents and data storage.|
25 First Street
Cambridge, MA 02141
|TestingTime uses HubSpot to send automated and personal emails to customers as well as for marketing communications (e.g. newsletters) to subscribers.|
470 Ramona St.
Palo Alto, CA 94301
|TestingTime uses Lookback to conduct user research studies with test users and customers to improve TestingTime’s product and services.|
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704
|TestingTime uses Adobe to collect digital signatures for NDAs and contracts.|
|TestingTime uses Eversign to automatically collect digital signatures for NDAs and other legal documents from test users.|
|Zoom||Zoom Video Communications Inc.
55 Almaden Boulevard, Suite 400, 500, 600
San Jose, CA 95113
|TestingTime uses Zoom to host webinars for customers.|
375 Beale Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94105
|TestingTime uses Twilio to operate the phone system to receive and dispatch incoming customer and test user calls.|
|Yokoy||Yokoy Group AG
|TestingTime uses Yokoy for the employee expense management.|
1550 Bryant St Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94103
|TestingTime uses Asana for project management.|
Dragonara Business Centre
5th Floor, Dragonara Road,
Paceville St Julian’s STJ 3141
|TestingTime uses Hotjar to optimize the usability of the website.|
|fusedeck||Capture Media AG
|TestingTime uses “fusedeck”, a tracking solution provided by Capture Media AG (hereinafter referred to as “Capture Media”). Capture Media is a Swiss company having its registered office in Zurich which, on behalf of its customers, measures website usage in the context of engagements and events. Tracking is anonymous so that it is impossible to attribute any information gained to any identified or identifiable persons.
State: June 2021